JAMES DELANEY (1971 -) James Delaney is a contemporary painter, printmaker and sculptor. He’s best known for his laser-cut metal sculptures. His artmaking process has led him to study Johannesburg’s history, architecture and public art and this often serves as an inspiration for his work. “My work deals with relationships between people and nature and the history surrounding us. I’m interested in reference to the things which were here before us – often unnoticed by most – and those that will outlast us.” Born in Cape Town, Delaney currently works from a studio in Victoria Yards, near downtown Johannesburg, South Africa. He studied at the University of Cape Town. Delaney was one of the winners of the 2018 SAIA Award for Sustainable Architecture and Innovation. In 2019, he won a BASA (Business Arts South Africa) Award for his sculptures installed in The Wilds – a previously neglected park which he is rehabilitating. Delaney has participated in over 20 solo and group exhibitions in South Africa and abroad. His most recent group exhibition being held in 2020 at Galerie Osenat, Paris. Delaney’s work is included in several local and international collections.
- James DelaneyGhost Night LightR 120,000.00 ex. vat
- James DelaneyThe opposite of everything is true - Boulders SeriesR 35,000.00 ex. vat
- James DelaneyRemember - Boulders Series (Triptych)R 175,000.00 ex. vat
- James DelaneyI never imagined I'd be here right nowR 80,000.00 ex. vat
- James DelaneyDo You See Me- Boulders SeriesR 90,500.00 ex. vat