Motlhoki (b. 1998 in Mabopane, Pretoria) has currently completed her Honours in Fine Art at the University of the Witwatersrand, where she graduated with five distinctions and two awards. Her studio practice is currently based in Johannesburg, where she uses video, photography and printmaking as tools to investigate the intimate and violent politics that are implicated in romantic love. She engages the ideas of consumption, domesticity and romance to perform and document the internal lives and politics of black women in love. Her practice is characterised by a valorisation, problematisation and curiosity towards black love, as well as complexities and joys of the domestic and heart spaces. She defines her practice as a decolonial and sociological enquiry into love, exploring how love manifests at the intersection of race, class and gender.
- Motlhoki NonoParty ya Thabiso
- Motlhoki NonoMosadi o mo Pila So O Ne O Mmeile Kae?
- Motlhoki NonoDi Taba Tsa Ko Ntlung
- Motlhoki NonoSe se Golo Ke Mosadi: Sefahlego sa Lape’ng
- Motlhoki NonoKo MoroaneR 9,500.00 ex. vat
- Motlhoki NonoDi Naledi tse Ka’ofela di Kganya Mehlo’ng A’go (ii)R 9,500.00 ex. vat
- Motlhoki NonoKa di SontagaR 9,500.00 ex. vat
- Motlhoki NonoMama ko GaeR 9,500.00 ex. vat
- Motlhoki NonoLenyalo
- Motlhoki NonoLenyalo (offset)R 10,500.00 ex. vat
- Motlhoki NonoA Subtle DecayR 11,600.00 ex. vat