After receiving his degree in Fine Art from the University of the Witwatersrand in 2017, Akshar Maganbeharie moved to Cape Town where he continues to live and work. Formally, Akshar's approach to art-making is multi-disciplinary, moving between painting, drawing and installing. Thematically, he considers the ways in which pop culture and social media have permeated his identity. "My three biggest inspirations are Britney Spears, Starbucks and Kylie Jenner." Akshar's semi-abstract and semi-figurative, impressionistic style has a carefreeness that translates into the subject matter. His work is concerned with seemingly unserious subject matter, while confronting and making commentary on issues of cultural imperialism, neo-colonialism and capitalism. Akshar is also a member of the Kutti Collective - a collective of individual and collaborating South African Indian artists. Notable group exhibitions include Autumn Salon, Gallery Fanon, Johannesburg (2021); Kutti Bazaar, Porto-, A4 Arts Foundation - Cape Town (2021); Apartment Vol. 2, The Fourth, Cape Town (2020).
- Akshar MaganbeharieStudy for line, shape and colourR 7,500.00 ex. vat
- Akshar MaganbeharieTinky Winky with Marni Tote BagR 3,000.00 ex. vat
- Akshar MaganbeharieBarbie and the Diamond CastleR 32,000.00 ex. vat
- Akshar MaganbeharieHannah Montana ColoursR 10,000.00 ex. vat
- Akshar MaganbeharieSuddenly I SeeR 20,000.00 ex. vat