Marilú Mapengo Námoda
Marilú Mapengo Námoda is an artist that engages with the politics of giving birth to the futureS. Her research explores the possibility of a love politics for healing colonial wounds in its
multiple expressions of racism, machismo, classism, etc. Through hybrid formats, their practice weaves languages from performance art, animist astrology, storytelling, Bantu writing symbols, healing rituals, and post-activist provocateur prompts. Her work has been exhibited at the Santarcangelo Festival (Italy, 2022), Spielart Festival (Germany, 2021), Kaserne Basel (Switzerland, 2021), and Entretodos Human Rights Festival, ( Brazil, 2019), among others.
Námoda holds a MA degree in Art Praxis from the Dutch Art Institute, Arnhem 2022; A BA in Sociology from the Eduardo Mondlane University - Maputo, 2013; and a Post-Graduation
Degree in Gender Studies from the University of Iceland /UNU GEST Program – Reykjavik, 2016. In 2022 the Artist was nominated for two international awards: The Berry Koedam Award by Kunstinstituut Melly, Netherlands, and The Paulo Cunha e Silva award by the Municipality of Porto, Portugal.
- Marilú Mapengo NámodaWhat does silence pray for?R 33,000.00 ex. vat
- Marilú Mapengo NámodaMom, I* am no longer Black05R 22,000.00 ex. vat
- Marilú Mapengo NámodaMom, I* am no longer Black04R 44,000.00 ex. vat
- Marilú Mapengo NámodaMom, I* am no longer Black02R 22,000.00 ex. vat
- Marilú Mapengo NámodaMom, I* am no longer Black03R 44,000.00 ex. vat
- Marilú Mapengo NámodaMom, I* am no longer Black01R 44,000.00 ex. vat