Kgotlelelo Bradley Sekiti is a 21-year-old performance artist from Alex. Sekiti explains that his work is inextricably linked to his experience of being a black queer body – one that is, undeniably, not been the easiest. His work speaks to that fact that the journey of being a black, queer body seems to be designed with the challenge of navigating “safe” spaces of existence which - along the way - prove that the notion of a safe space is one that is almost non-existent. This work looks into what he has deemed as a “safer” space. “As recently discovered by NASA —the possibility of an alternate/parallel universe — m practice forms into the exploration of parallel universes that queer bodies create in order to enable the co-existence of split realities that they identify with into a single frame".
- Kgotlelelo SekitiThe Black Ballerina at the Fringe TheatreR 3,000.00 ex. vat
- Kgotlelelo SekitiThey Have Been Here BeforeR 3,000.00 ex. vat
- Kgotlelelo SekitiMmeleR 3,500.00 ex. vat
- Kgotlelelo SekitiIsolation I
- Kgotlelelo SekitiUntitled-320
- Kgotlelelo SekitiAnswer