Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic Grobler
Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic Grobler are both artists based in Cape Town, South Africa. Their collaboration, started in 2016, is focused on "Hemelliggaam or the Attempt to be Here Now" – a visual archive composed by photographs, video and installations. The project which investigates the relationship between man and the Universe is continually moving between the reality of important scientific sites and the fiction of old Afrikaans Sci-Fi novels. Work from the collaboration has been exhibited in museums in South Africa and internationally including the Iziko South African Museum, Cape Town and Fondazione Sandretto Re Rebaudengo, Guarene, Italy. They have been among the winners of CAP (Contemporary African Photography) Prize 2018. For the artists, the exhibitions form an essential part of the creative process, where the viewer is invited to experience unique sequences of the work, revealing the mutable structure of the archive. They are currently working on the third and final chapter of the project.
- Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic GroblerDIE HEMELBLOM # 1 (FROM "DIE HEMELBLOM" BY JAN RABIE, 1971), CARNARVON, NORTHERN CAPE
- Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic GroblerFACE IN THE HOLE, SA NATIONAL SPACE AGENCY # 1, HERMANUS
- Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic GroblerKWAGGA, ITEMBA ACCELERATOR-BASED SCIENCES, CAPE TOWN, WESTERN CAPE
- Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic GroblerLUZUKO DALASILE, IZIKO PLANETARIUM PRESENTER, CAPE TOWN
- Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic GroblerSCATTERING CHAMBER AND TARGET LADDER, ITHEMBA LABS, CAPE TOWN
- Tommaso Fiscaletti and Nic GroblerUNITED REFORMED CHURCH # 2, CARNARVON, NORTHERN CAPE