Ibim Cookey (1999) is a contemporary artist born in Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria. His career so far has been dedicated to exploring the experiences of black people by painting black Portraits as a means of telling individual stories and exploring cultural heritage by merging his Portraits with painted backgrounds of traditional African (Ankara) fabric print designs. He is keenly observant of how rich the tones, textures and forms of black people are irrespective of their age or origins, and thus offers the viewer intricate details to appreciate in his portraits. His work has been exhibited by international art galleries and in international art fairs such as the Investec Art Fair, South Africa.
- Ibim CookeyOMOIKE'S DAUGHTER 1R 87,000.00 ex. vat
- Ibim CookeyOMOIKE'S DAUGHTER 2R 87,000.00 ex. vat
- Ibim CookeyIN MY RAINBOW FEELINGSR 87,000.00 ex. vat
- Ibim CookeyHER VALENTINE'S DAY FLOWERSR 87,000.00 ex. vat
- Ibim CookeyVictorR 55,946.10 ex. vat
- Ibim CookeyThe Girl from ChibokR 55,946.10 ex. vat